Thursday, July 19, 2018
(families with last names M-Z preferred)
10:30 am - 6:30 pm
Thursday, August 2, 2018
(families with last names A-L preferred)
10:30 am - 6:30 pm
Please note: Doors close at 6:15 pm on both days.
Registration will take place in the Komarek Auditorium (West Building). No student registration will take place before July 19th or between July 20th and August 1st. Late registration will be by appointment only and a $15.00 late fee will be assessed for returning students. To make an appointment, please call Mrs. Gail Anderson on or after Monday, August 6th. If you have any questions please contact Mrs. Gail Anderson (708-447-8030, ext.101) or Mrs. Maria Igelman (708-447-8030, ext. 100).
- All children attending Komarek School MUST reside within the district boundaries.
- Every parent/guardian of new and returning students must present proofs of residency.
- Only a parent or guardian who is a legal resident of District 94 can register a child for school.
REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDENTS WHO ATTENDED
KOMAREK SCHOOL DURING THE 2017-2018 SCHOOL YEAR
At registration, parents and guardians of returning students must provide:
- Homeowners: A copy of the latest property tax bill for the residence, plus two other forms of identification with the home address on it. This can include: electric bill, gas bill, cable bill, auto or home insurance, bank statement, or public assistance paperwork.
- Students Living in An Apartment: Parents/Guardians must provide a current and valid lease for the apartment along with two other forms of identification listed in "A" above. The district will contact building landlords to verify residency.
NEW STUDENTS: PRE-SCHOOL, KINDERGARTEN, and GRADES 1 - 8
Registration for new students will involve more time and information. Please be prepared with the following:
- Homeowners: A copy of the latest property tax bill for the residence, plus three other forms of identification with the home address on it. This can include: electric bill, gas bill, cable bill, auto or home insurance, or bank statement.
- Students living in an apartment: Parents/Guardian must provide a current and valid lease for the apartment along with three other forms of identification listed in "A" above. The district will contact building landlords to verify residency.
- Parents must present an original copy of the child's birth certificate.
- Parents must have completed health and dental forms. These are due on or before the first day of student attendance. Students cannot begin school without health/dental forms on file at school.
- Grades 1-8: Parents must present an Illinois Transfer Form from the previous public school and any records including report cards, test scores, etc. Students transferring from private school must present the final report card from the previous school.
New and Returning Parents: Various school and sport forms will be available. Before you sign any form, please read it carefully. We will be happy to explain any item at registration. By signing these forms, you and/or your child are responsible for all the conditions outlined in each. An interpreter will be available for Spanish-speaking families.
FEES FOR 2018 - 2019
BOOK FEES (Kindergarten through Grade 8)
$110.00 for child #1 in family
$75.00 for child #2 in family
$40.00 for child #3 in family
$10.00 for child #4 and beyond
TECHNOLOGY AND TECHNOLOGY INSURANCE FEE (Grades 5, 6, 7 and 8 only)
$80.00 per student for grades 5, 6 and 7
$125.00 per student grade 8.
APPLIED ARTS FEE (Grades 6 - 8 only)
This fee covers materials for the Jr. High elective courses.
$75.00 per child
MUSICAL RECORDER FEE (Grade 3 and new Grade 4 students only)
$7.00 per child
ATHLETIC FEE: All students in Grades 6 - 8 who wish to participate in one or more of the interscholastic teams at Komarek are required to pay an annual athletic fee of $35.00 for the first child and $25.00 for the second and third child. For those students who do not make a team, the athletic fee is refundable at the end of the school year.
Komarek offers the following sports:
Fall Sports: Girls Volleyball and Soccer (co-ed)
Winter Sports: Girls Basketball, Boys Basketball, and Cheerleading
Spring Sports: Boys Volleyball and Cross Country.
Tryout sessions for each sport will be announced in advance, and a permission slip is required along with a valid sports physical that is less than one-year old at the conclusion of the sport.
Komarek School provides an opportunity for students who have no health insurance coverage or are under insured to receive a free sports physical from the Loyola Pediatric Mobile Health Unit on Tuesday, June 5th and Thursday, August 9, from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm on both days. Physicals are by appointment only. Please contact Mrs. Chapp at extension 109. Please see the Komarek website for details.
MANDATORY GYM UNIFORM (Grades 6 - 8 only):
Students in grades 6, 7, and 8 must have a Komarek gym uniform consisting of a shirt and a pair of shorts. Parents will have the opportunity to purchase uniforms at registration. T-shirts are $12.00 and shorts are $16.00 or a set of both for $25.00.
SCHOOL YEARBOOK (Optional):
Komarek’s annual yearbook is published each May. Yearbooks can be pre-ordered at registration for $16.00 each.
WAIVER OF FEES:
Fee waiver forms will be available at registration in both English and Spanish. Income guidelines will be available after July 1st under the Lunch Program tab on the www.komareschool.org
website. For questions, please contact Mrs. Kathlene Gibson at 708- 447- 8030, option 5.
KOMAREK ORGANIZATIONS AND ACTIVITIES
There will be representatives from various school organizations and activities available for questions, enrollments, etc. There will be a "Sports and Gym Uniforms" table, a "Lunch Program" table, a "Before/After Care" table, a "School Health Services" table and a "PTA" table.
Open House will be held on Thursday, August 16, 2018 from 6:00 - 8:00 pm. Parents may bring their child's school supplies on that evening.
The first day of student attendance is
Monday, August 20, 2018 from 8:10 am to 3:09 pm