School District 94 was created by the Township School Trustees in 1931. The first school building in the district was the Peterson School located at 25th Avenue and Cermak Road. The one room frame building was closed in 1936 with the opening of the new two room school on the present site. The new building was named for A.W. Komarek who was an early realtor in the village. Mr. Komarek had donated an eight lot site for the construction of a school building.
The original two rooms of the 1936 Komarek School are still in use as regular classrooms. There have been six additions to the original building (1946, 1949, 1953, 1959, 1963, 1970).
In 1954 the Board of Education purchased land west of 13th Avenue and completed the construction of Komarek West School there in 1955. The Komarek West building is an excellent primary school facility.
Work was completed in September of 1970 on the most recent building addition which provided an outstanding science laboratory, classrooms for health education, special education, enlarged shower and dressing rooms, adequately-sized lunchroom space and an all-weather inter-building connection.
In December of 1981, the last remaining building bonds were retired. This means that the school property is paid for in full. The locally owned property represents an asset to our community.
From 1973 - 1988, a cooperative adult education program existed with Triton College. this facet of our program was in harmony with the board's beliefs that (1) education is a life long pursuit, (2) local schools exist to serve all people.
During the 1997-98 school year, many technological advances took place at Komarek School. A new computer laboratory was opened to complement the existing lab. All the classroom, library, and laboratory computers were networked and went "on line." Each student's access to computer and internet technology was greatly enhanced.
Komarek parents and citizens have always responded to the needs of the school. This kind of support has enabled the district to keep pace with a growing educational program and to provide an expanding elementary school curriculum which is so necessary to provide for future years.